Skip to content

Holidays

December 26, 2007

We have had quite the momentous holiday season here. Well, first of all, Anthony’s birthday was December 24th, and this year was 30. We had a great time staying in the house, and lazing around.

He got a great Life is Good shirt from my parents. Ella was posing with him to duplicate the picture and show off her cuteness.

Here is a picture of our tree.

We had such a great time decorating our house for the first time. As you can see the wheel fits right in with the decorations. Again, Ella is posing to ramp up the cute factor. It is absolutely necessary to put animals in pictures to keep readership up.

I designed, knit, finished, and stuffed Anthony’s new stocking. With an extra large foot to hold extra goodies. Obviously I couldn’t blog about this one because it was one of those secret projects. I’m sure I’ll be revealing secret projects over the next several days.

The biggest news though is that Anthony and I got ENGAGED!

He got me a beautiful ring. We decided not to get a diamond, but instead got a color changing garnet. In artificial light, it’s purple.

And in natural light (or full spectrum CFL’s like we have a lot of in our house) it shows blue.

It is such a beautiful ring. I think all that threatening I’ve been doing about not finishing his sweater until I saw some sign of commitment has been working. I guess I need to get working on the sweater now. Of course we haven’t done anything like setting a date yet, but we’ll probably start planning before we know it.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. Plus this blog is partially responsible for us meeting. It only seemed right to share the news here.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season. I’m hoping to catch up on blogs while I have a little time off!

Advertisements
16 Comments leave one →
  1. December 26, 2007 10:50 pm

Hooray! Being married is one of my most favorite things ever. Let me know if you need anything, I’ve got so many bazillion bookmarks and whatnot.

I love the stocking! My mom is the stocking knitter yet in my family and since this was the first Christmas we’ve been legally joined, D got his this year from her. She also offered to knit me one that matched [mine is decidedly early 1980’s in color palette] but I turned that down in favor of keeping the only one I’ve ever known, which she mailed me as well. It was so nice to have my real stocking for Christmas this year!

2. December 27, 2007 4:33 am

Congratulations on your engagement! You ring is beautiful. I’ve never heard of a color changing garnet before. Garnet is my birthstone and I may have to go see one in person.

I love the stocking! I’m considering knitting a set for next year. But I will need to start now so they are done in time.

3. December 27, 2007 4:59 am

HUGE congrats, chica! The ring is gorgeous, and the look on your face is priceless. haha. All the very best for the New Year!

4. December 27, 2007 5:12 am

mazel tov!!!!

5. December 27, 2007 8:44 am

As online knitters say: squeeee!

Congrats to both of you!!!

6. December 27, 2007 10:06 am

Congratulations! That’s a great ring :-)

7. December 27, 2007 10:17 am

Many many congratulations – getting married was one of the best things I ever did and I wish you all the best for the future

8. December 27, 2007 11:50 am

Congrats! That is a very good holiday season indeed! :)

9. December 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Who ever said nothing good could come of the internet obviously never met the two of you.

10. Mom permalink
    December 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Congrats again honey!!! We couldn’t be happier for the both of you. Love Mom and Dad

11. December 28, 2007 6:56 pm

Congratulations on the engagement! Just have fun with the plans, and ignore everyone who tries to tell you that you have to do anything that you think is stupid or a waste of money.

12. December 29, 2007 10:25 pm

congratulations!! (and the ring is beautiful!) : )

13. December 30, 2007 6:34 am

Fantastic News – you are so lucky to find a good man – the ring is pretty impressive too ;)

14. Tammi permalink
    December 31, 2007 1:01 am

Congratulations, Jodie and Anthony! What a great holiday!

15. January 4, 2008 12:51 pm

Congrats, you guys!! YAY!

16. January 5, 2008 6:46 am

Squee! Being married is incredible! I wouldn’t give it up for anything in the world.