I’ve finally dyed the wool for my Lady Eleanor (hence the reason for the purple thumb a few days ago.) After seeing so many beautiful Lady E stoles across the internets, I decided it was about time I made something so cozy and comfortable. However, buying Noro Silk Garden for 100 bucks wasn’t really an option.
Instead, I’m going the time intensive way. I ordered bulk white Merino from Amy at Spunky Eclectic and dyed a trial batch first. I wasn’t sure if I was going to try to Navajo ply, or just do large chunky singles. After giving the Navajo plying a good try, I’ve decided to go with the big chunky singles. They have a much softer, lofty look, and that’s what I want.
After that was decided, I dyed up the colors I wanted, but the first time didn’t come out dark enough. I almost started spinning but decided against looking like a giant easter egg when I am wearing this comfy stole. Into the dye pot again, and this time I didn’t skimp on vinager or dye solution. I’m very pleased with the colors, and can’t wait to play with the color combinations.
However, the fiber will have to wait. I have a major spinning on the wheel for project spectrum that I’m hoping to get done by March. Update on that one soon.