Yarn Harlot in Eugene
The Yarn Harlot was here! I have proof that I saw her speak!
Yup, I got to hold the traveling sock. Yes, that is her olympic sweater under my hand. It is so beautiful! Stephanie is just as hilarious in person as she is on the page. She knows the phyche of a knitter to the tee and she makes us knitters feel like we are the normal ones. Some of the things that I found particularily hilarious were;
- knitting is neither an art or a craft, it’s a sport! (see definition of sport)
- very smart people think that knitting is to hard (like a neurosurgeon).
- Anthony asked what her advice to a muggle that is involved with a knitter would be, and her advice was that I would never get tired of yarn as a gift. Too true, too true.
- People who don’t knit are muggles.
- Most of all, NEVER reveal the size of your stash if you don’t have to. No matter what, they won’t understand.
We had a great time, and I hope she enjoyed Eugene. I also got to meet several other bloggers that come by here. I met Irie from Irie knits, Lori from Yarn Beans, and Crissy from Knitknut. I also saw the fabulous Kim there and met her husband Tim. Now I want to go to Canada to hang out with the Harlot. Now that would be cool….